idea-expression dichotomy

The Freedom of Expression, the Constriction of Ideas

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Timeout from Life



Leafing through my old diaries, I found an entry from 26 Feb 1998 (yes, it's that long ago). It's a mini piece of prose from Edward Wilson. Am as struck by it now as I was then.

"A happy life is not built up of tours abroad and pleasant holidays, but of little clumps of violets noticed by the roadside, hidden away almost so that only those can see them who have God's peace and love in their hearts; in one long continuous chain of little joys, little whispers from the spiritual world, and little gleams of sunshine on our daily work."

Edward Wilson

That really encapsulates my life & world view. And I thank God for gifting me with the ability to notice the little clumps of violets in life that often go unnoticed by others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home